Pages

May 29, 2013

Pesto Vinaigrette

The other day I made this pesto vinaigrette. It has reflamed my love of pesto, which was hiding in shame from an unintentional snub. Dare I remind us of the time, not so long ago, when pesto covered every food known to man. Can you blame me for such neglect?

Has pesto gone the way of Cosmopolitans? I hope not because I like pesto more than a Cosmo.
Make this soon and use it on vegetables, warm roasted potatoes, a steak salad and a cool summer pasta salad.

Pesto Vinaigrette
makes 1/2 cup
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 0

* 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin preferred
* 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
* salt & pepper to taste

I put everything into a container, snapped on a lid and shook. The pesto and honey will act as an emulsifier, so if it's too thick to drizzle, add more vinegar. I bet after you make this vinaigrette you will keep a container of pesto in your freezer (measured into small condiment cups) so that the next time you grill vegetables you will have it on hand. Something so simple, can only be wonderful and this does not taste like pesto straight up. I can guarantee non pesto people will love this, and the rest of us, will love it once again.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment