Pages

May 25, 2013

Avocado Crema

I know it's an oxymoron and I try not to do it but I just made a wonderfully healthy tequila avocado crema that works well in so many applications.
So what's the oxymoron in that statement?

Well, my crema is a margarita crema made with tequila and cointreau and those two ingredients with the word healthy makes it an oxymoron.
You could take out the Cointreau (or triple sec) and use orange zest but I don't think there is a substitute for tequila. On the bright side, did you know tequila has the least amount of carbs of all the liquors out there?

I am not going to change a thing. You shouldn't either. This is great on anything you would use sour cream and avocado on, like tacos, burritos, enchiladas, dips and a garnish for any southern style soup. It would make a hamburger sing and a steak whistle at the baked potato.
Plus it's a lovely shade of green.

Tequila Avocado Crema (make this and use it on everything):
makes 1 cup

Puree in a blender
* 1/2 ripe avocado
* 1/4 cup cottage cheese
* 2 tablespoons sweet and sour mix
* 1 tablespoon each Cointreau and Tequila
* Salt & pepper
* Dash milk to thin


No comments:

Post a Comment